Fishing, Lobstering, Clambakes Cruises and Cape Ann / Gloucester Sightseeing
Connemara Bay Fishing Charters offers lobsterbake cruises, saltwater fishing, lobstering and scenic charters in and around the waters off Cape Ann, Massachusetts (including Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester and Ipswich). The Connemara Bay is a 37-foot traditional, “Down East”-style Maine-built boat with plenty of deck space to accommodate up to six passengers. All charters are captained by Kevin O’Maley, a native of Gloucester with a lifetime of experience fishing, lobstering and boating in North Shore waters.
The experience you want
For those just visiting New England’s North Shore, or even folks who live nearby but want a great experience on the ocean, Connemara Bay offers:
- Multiple trip options: Many of our guests want to experience an authentic New England lobsterbake on the water. Others want to deep-sea fish or add something new to their charter experience. Taking part in hauling lobster traps or checking out the sights, such as the harbor, the Dog Bar breakwater, and Ten Pound Island, are also popular. If you have other ideas, let us know -- we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- A great experience: The Connemara Bay is a working lobster boat when not out on a charter. Captain O’Maley and his crew add to the ambiance, with their deep knowledge of local waters and sights, interesting personalities, and even their Gloucester-specific take on the well-known Massachusetts accent.
- A hands-on or hands-off trip: Want to snag a lobster buoy? Want your kids to clean out and reset a lobster trap? Or maybe you just want to watch the well-oiled team on the Connemara Bay and have them set your hooks, unsnag your lines, clean your fish and band your lobsters. No matter what, you’ll have a great time.
- Eat what you catch: We’ll clean your catch, and you can cook it at home or we’re happy to point you to the popular Lobsta Land restaurant where they will cook it for you.
The fish you like
For those who want to fish, we have trips of various durations (from 2 to 10+ hours) designed to help you reel the big ones in, including:
- Striped bass
For more information on the trips and some fishing guides and other relevant information, visit the Fishing page. For information about the cost of a trip, visit the Pricing page.
“Thanks for your business! We hope to see you back onboard soon!”
- Kevin and the CB Charters crew